Monday, September 3, 2007

"I Remember Sitting and Writing a Letter to the Rebbe"












"I don't know if I will ever be able to share my experiences with the Rebbe...Because I will never have enough words to describe how much he looked after me and guided me, every step of my life"

- Mrs. Chaya Kahan


Mrs. Chaya Kahan had a very unique relationship with the Rebbe. The following encounter I would like to present is when her Daughter Rivka who was six years old, wrote a very heartfelt letter to the Rebbe. Whereupon she received an moving response. Also included is an interesting picture of the Rebbe (part 70).

Mrs. Chaya Kahan relates:

"I remember sitting down and writing a letter to the Rebbe. My daughter Rivka was then six years old when she asked me, 'mommy what are you writing?'


I replied "I am writing a letter to the Rebbe in need of His advice in regards to a specific matter that I am having."


My daughter then continued and asked "Mommy Will the Rebbe answer you?" I told her "yes." Rivka then asked "can I write a letter to the Rebbe also?" I told her "yes."

My daughter then sat down and began to write the following:

"Dear Rebbe, I like you very much."

~Chasia Rivka Kahan,

Two weeks later to my excitement, an envelope came in the mail addressed to "Miss Chasia Rivka Kahan." I then called my daughter over, where then we began to read the letter together:

Miss. Chasia Rivka Kahan,

Blessings and Greetings,

I was pleased to receive your letter, and thank you very much for letting me know how you feel.

I am therefore sure that you conduct yourself in a way that is fitting for a Jewish girl, the daughter of Sarah, Rivka, Rachel and Leah, the mothers of our people, about whom you have surely heard about.

With Blessing.

(The Rebbe's signature)

picture Description: Yud Shevat 5723

Good Shabbos.

Menachem.
Copyright © Menachem Kirschenbaum 2007

No comments: