Monday, September 3, 2007

The Rebbe "Take her Address And Phone Number"












" The Lubavitcher Rebbe is of the Great Leaders in our times...Before I travel now to Washington to meet with The President (Jimmy Carter), I feel it's very important for me to come to the Rebbe, and to receive His blessing."

-Menachem Begin (Former Prime Minister of Israel)



I would like to present a very unique Shlichus in which Rebbe sent former Prime Minster Menachem Begin to France, to help a Jewish Girl who was in midst of a very difficult time with her Judaism. Also included is an interesting picture of the Rebbe. (Part 72) Special thanks Rabbi Binyomin Klein from the Rebbe's secretaries, as well as to Rabbi Asher Lowenstein.

Menachem Begin visited the Rebbe many times prior to becoming Prime Minister. I remember towards the end of one of his private audiences:

"The Rebbe asked him: Can I ask you to do a favor for me?

Begin: Definitely!

The Rebbe: "I received a letter from the mother and father of a Jewish girl from France. They describe how their daughter wants to get married to a non-Jewish guy. They wrote in the letter that they tried to do everything in their power to hold up the marriage; but nothing helped. So, they are asking me now for my help to see what I can do.

"I think," said the Rebbe, "that a person like you, with the standing that you have, should speak to her. Especially because you speak French also, it will have a very great effect on the girl."

Menachem Begin listened to the Rebbe's request and accepted upon himself to do the Shlichus. The Rebbe gave him the girl's address and her phone number in France. The Rebbe told Begin that he wants to pay for all of the expenses involved with traveling there.

He traveled to France and met with the girl. He spoke his heart on why it's so important to marry a Jew. In the end, she broke it off. Today she lives in Jerusalem with a beautiful family.

Good Shabbos.

Menachem.
Copyright © M.Kirschenbaum 2007.

No comments: